KGOU Pledge Online Today!Follow Us at FacebookLive Streaming
News
CO Leak Sends 12 Hotel Patrons to Hospital (Jul 26, 2011)

NORMAN, Okla. (AP) — Fire officials say 12 people staying a Norman hotel were taken to a hospital after breathing toxic levels of carbon monoxide.

Deputy Fire Chief Jim Bailey says the fire department was called late Monday after a 3-year-old child fell ill at the Sooner Legends Inn and Suites and was taken to a hospital. Bailey says one of the nurses at the hospital thought the child might have inhaled a gas.

He says when firefighters arrived they detected carbon monoxide and evacuated the hotel. Bailey says about 110 rooms were occupied.

Officials don't know the conditions of the 12 who were taken to a hospital.

Bailey says the cause of the carbon monoxide was determined to be from a damaged, leaking ventilation pipe running from the boiler to the roof.



« back

NPRPRIBBCOU OutreachKGOU
Sponsors

High Speed Low Speed streaming issues High Speed Low Speed streaming issues