KGOU Pledge Online Today!Follow Us at FacebookLive Streaming
OCC Orders CenterPoint Customer Credits (Jun 06, 2012)

OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) - The Oklahoma Corporation Commission has ordered CenterPoint Energy Oklahoma Gas to provide more than $1.8 million in customer credits.

The commission's order on Wednesday also lowers base rates about $24,000 a year. Houston-based CenterPoint has about 102,000 customers in the state, primarily in the Lawton area.

Commission Chairwoman Dana Murphy says that under the agreement, residential customers will get 70 percent of the credit, or about $1.3 million. The remaining 30 percent will go to those in the general service, commercial and large commercial rate classes.

The settlement is the result of an annual review of CenterPoint's rates that is required as part of CenterPoint's rate plan.

The commission says residential customers will save an average of $46.50 a year under the settlement.

« back


High Speed Low Speed streaming issues High Speed Low Speed streaming issues